houdini user interface workflow questions

KrisStaber

hey

since i only have 3 weeks of real houdini experience i am sure there is a quicker way to do some things

i am interested in little things like the [ctrl + shift + lmb] on a channel to delete a key or expression for example

or the supercool mmb drag ladder thingy

for example:

is there something to set channel values to defaults thats quicker than the right click drop down menue

in rigging or animation you need that A LOT

would be cool if there was a great way

or how to get rid of that stupid behaviour when you type an expression and your mousecursor is one pixel below the line you are typing.

then houdini brings up that yellow window telling you what you could type (which is great) but houdini stops accepting what you type - really annoying "feature"

or that that little helper window actually cant be used to click on what it shows when you work om the editor (alt+e)

is there something to set channel values to defaults thats quicker than the right click drop down menue

ctrl - MMB

or how to get rid of that stupid behaviour when you type an expression and your mousecursor is one pixel below the line you are typing.

Preferences - Scripting - Context Sensitive Popup Help stops this partly, I guess.

Hope this helps,

Georg