houdini muscles workflow

v_m

The muscles themselves *do* depend on the world space orientation of their inputs. So your muscles are flipping because their inputs are oriented incorrectly. If you were to orient them such that they had the same world space orientation of the bones in my example, then they wouldn't flip.

The muscles themselves *do* depend on the world space orientation of their inputs. So your muscles are flipping because their inputs are oriented incorrectly. If you were to orient them such that they had the same world space orientation of the bones in my example, then they wouldn't flip.

thanks edward,

I finally got it. I managed to figure out this thing with the nulls orientation. you just rotate the damn nulls and no more muscle flippin', I was looking for something more obscure :)

so to answer my question from a while ago... by default, the muscle "up vector" is the same with the world up, or Y. and when you rotate the nulls that will anchor the muscle, you rotate that Y-up-vector-axis to another position, so the muscle will flip around that new axis, and not around the default Y up :D

and they lived happily ever after.

vm