Render non-POP network points as sprites

Hello

I have points which where animated in the SOP Level, I need to render them as sprites. How can I do this?

Thanks

Just assign a Mantra Sprite Procedural to the geometry and the points will render as sprites.

Adding Attributes for spritescale (float3) and spriterot (float1) and you can controll their size and rotation.

Funny: I actually just build me an otl for this today ...

But I still don't know how to utilize spriteuv, which seems to be a float4.

Hope this helps,

Georg

I tried to create realistic smoke. First I used particles with sprites on them, but it was hard to get a smoke-like simulation using particles. Second I tried fluids, but in high resolutions when you want to get details it is very slow. So the solution was to use fluids simulation on low resolutions to drive particles.

Here is the first result of my experience. I used Miguel's smoke shader for sprites.

Comments are welcome

Smoke_Test.mov

Maybe someone can add the spriteuv attribute, too?

rdg_sample_SOPsprites.hip

spriteuv -> class: point, type: float, size: 4.

spriteuv[0] = U-offset

spriteuv[1] = V-offset

spriteuv[2] = U-scale

spriteuv[3] = V-scale

But for this attribute to work you also need to "resolve the shop path", by adding a "spriteshop" attribute (type: string, class: point).

The weird thing is that, even though spriteuv won't have any effect unless the "spriteshop" exists, a "spriteshop" attribute (if present) with an empty string will work just as well as one with the correct shop path -- at least in the case where the object itself already has a material assigned... possibly a bug, though I'd have to investigate more.

post-148-1224871330_thumb.jpg

rdg_sample_SOPsprites2.hip