groups of curves problem

I am having some grouping issues that I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

What I am doing is importing large groups of curves from illustrator that I then want to animate in various ways. I am selecting the curves in the viewport that I want and then grouping them into their various groups so that I can apply individual transforms and carves to the groups.

What is going wrong is that it seems like some of the curves are jumping groups or not appearing in their proper group in one place but okay in another. For instance I have a carve and a transform hooked up to group_01 - no problem works okay. But then I take group_01 use it a a projection curve wired into a raysop and project them onto a sphere and it works but not all curves from the group are being projected.

Also I have noticed that when I add a deletesop to delete individual groups it is not consistent with my groupings.

One other thing is that my curves disappear after frame one and I think that it is because of the $F in the file name but how can I make it not do this?

Thanks for the newbie help here.

s

playground.zip