ShutterWindow

RonensArt

Hey guys,

Iv been working on this little project recently.

and want to share the process with u guys,

So basically its a Fracture RBD sim:

-dividing a grid into a lot of shapes.

-Giving each primitive a random color.

-Group by color (Partition sop) into dops.

pretty easy to set up!

Now I'm working on rendering.

been testing the Photon Maps and PRB render.

3028686370_33e1967208_o.jpg

Sim Flipbooks:

www.RonensArt.com/FlipbookA.mov (8m)

Cheers!

Edited by RonensArt

Ooo, I like your colors.

Unless you want the whole thing to fall apart, it might be nice to keep some glass along the window frame. One way to do that would be to manually pick the pieces and exlude them from the sim. Another way I've used is to check on the impact data, and unless there's a strong enough impact, keep the shard in a group which doesn't get affected by gravity. That way the pieces will stick until hit hard enough.

-z

I agree you need to keep some pieces in the frame.

Here's a trick I use and have been passing around. If you don't want your RBD pieces to move, set either their density (if you are computing mass from density, the default behaviour) or mass or both for that matter to zero and they won't be affected by any forces or collisions ***but*** they still register impacts (that's the main reason for this method ;) ).

Use groups as anakin has mentioned to hold back those pieces and append a Modify Data DOP working on that group and with the Data Name left at Position, add your two values. First Value Name is density and Float set to 0. Second Value Name is mass and value to 0.

Now simply key the Activation from 1 to 0 at the frame you want to release those pieces.

Comes in handy when some pieces in a glue RBD hierarchy have their mass set to 0.

Edited by old school

Thanks for the advises guys,

Here's the animation:

www.RonensArt.com/shutterwin.avi (11m)

-RT

I love the color palette, specially the interior. Your glass is one sided eh? That's causing a refraction that is way off. Try taking your simulated geometry and extruding it just a bit along its normals, so that your glass has some thickness - this will help reduce the distortion that the refraction causes and help with the realism. Also, I personally feel that this shot would benefit greatly from motion blur.

Cheers,

Abdelkareem

I love the color palette, specially the interior. Your glass is one sided eh? That's causing a refraction that is way off. Try taking your simulated geometry and extruding it just a bit along its normals, so that your glass has some thickness - this will help reduce the distortion that the refraction causes and help with the realism. Also, I personally feel that this shot would benefit greatly from motion blur.

Cheers,

Abdelkareem

Actually the Glass has 2 sides, and it was extruded before Dop's! thr refraction is to much for a window... I would fix that!

and motion blur is enable as well.

also DOF, Thanks man

-RT