small problem with chops

hi,

I was trying out chops for the first time. I am having a small problem.

The file is very basic. I have a line which is getting deformed using a WAVE chop. In the CHOPS network i am using a wave chop to create a sin wave and a rename chop to rename it to t[y]. Then I am using a CHANNEL SOP to access it and I put in t[y] and P(1) as my values. I am getting the result.

The problem is, the minute I change the wave chop, the line disappears and the CHANNEL sop says it cant find channel "ty". but if I save it and reopen the file it updates with the new values.

What am i doing wrong?

I am attaching the file for reference.

Also another question, If I want to apply this value to PSCALE or any custom attribute I create using attributecreate sop, what would I type in the CHANNEL SOP?

I have never really worked on CHOPS before, so these are really my first experiments, so any help would be appreciated.

with regards

Rohan Dalvi

chops.hipnc

hey man

I see what u mean, its kinda wierd,

oh well :)

I did however try doing something that produces the effect u want,

try taking a look at the file and what seemed to work was just adding a null node just after ur rename CHOP.

this must be a bug,

take a look at the attached files.

attached should be an example of how this works with a null CHOP, and a version called scale, whereby i take the value out of CHOPS and use that in ur pscale attribute (that i added with the point sop)

hope this works.

chops.hipnc

chops2.hipnc

scale.hipnc

:blink:

thanks a lot.

I guess it was a bug. :huh:

Do you think I should inform sidefx about it.

But anyways, it finally got working the way i wanted.

I am actually trying to making some animated charts and graphs using some data from some excel files.

I was reading on the forum that you can save a txt file as a chan file and bring that into CHOPS, so that finally worked properly.

thanks once again for your help.

this software never ceases to amaze me. :)

with regards

Rohan Dalvi