Motion Blur on Animation

Okay so I have an animated figure running from point a to b. i have a camera tied to this character so it tracks with the character. I'm getting WWWAAAAYYYY more motion blur than i want. when i turn my camera's shutter time attribute down below .5 (ie .4999999) there is no motion blur what so ever. but at .5 there is way too much motion blur. my character was rigged and animated with houdini. so in the deform rig there are no settings on geometry blur and stuff. any suggestions? what can i do to control the motion blur. the camera is moving at the exact same pace at the character because it is connected to the same null that the character is. what should i do about this. i've never used an animated character inside houdini before. so any suggestions on how to use an animated character and render would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Stephen

sjones29@student.scad.edu

this helped, but just told me stuff that i already knew. what my problem is, is that when i turn my camera's shutter time down just by .000001 below .5 (.4999999), no matter what my settings are, i have no more motion blur. any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stephen Jones

sjones29@studnet.scad.edu

this helped, but just told me stuff that i already knew. what my problem is, is that when i turn my camera's shutter time down just by .000001 below .5 (.4999999), no matter what my settings are, i have no more motion blur. any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stephen Jones

sjones29@studnet.scad.edu

My guess is that you have an expression somewhere that uses $F. This is the "integer" frame number. You might want to use $FF.

If you're loading files from disk based on $F (which often happens), you would wan to use the timeblend SOP.