Random point selection

Sayden

Hi guys

I want to make a copy of a grid with X objects above. For example 20 grid with a 4 objects at first, 13 objects at second, 5 objects at third, etc.

What expression should I put in the Copy SOP? and Where should I put the stamp expression?

Sorry for my english, I try to do my best I can :lol:

If I understand what you want to do properly you need two copy sops, one to create the stack the other to copy it to the grid, the second copy sop stamps the number of copies on the first - is the attached example what you need?

Hi guys

I want to make a copy of a grid with X objects above. For example 20 grid with a 4 objects at first, 13 objects at second, 5 objects at third, etc.

What expression should I put in the Copy SOP? and Where should I put the stamp expression?

Sorry for my english, I try to do my best I can :lol:

stackup.hipnc

Just need to use a group SOP between the grid and the Copy SOP and use stamping to populate the group. In the Copy SOP's template group field, put the name of the group in there.

Or use a delete SOP between the two deleting points in expression mode using Copy SOP stamping.

That is if I understand what you want...

That's was my first idea but it didn't work.

I've just try it again and it seems that it is working (last time I try to group by expression instead of pattern) but I am not sure if there is a better way. I have attached the file:

It's a simple procedural build that I will convert in a procedural city, I will upload it in a few days

Thx!

gridBoxes.hipnc

Edited by Sayden