L-Systems Texturing Help

Schotty

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a little advice on the best way of effectively texturing a tree generated with L-Systems, I am just getting my head around this process as it is so its kind of a head scratcher for me. I need the tree looking photo realistic, so am I best to go about finding or building a procedural bark shader or could I use textures straight applied onto this?

I have been playing around with UV Project and Unwrap but I think im barking up the wrong tree (dum-dum). :)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks Muchly,

Dave

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a little advice on the best way of effectively texturing a tree generated with L-Systems, I am just getting my head around this process as it is so its kind of a head scratcher for me. I need the tree looking photo realistic, so am I best to go about finding or building a procedural bark shader or could I use textures straight applied onto this?

I have been playing around with UV Project and Unwrap but I think im barking up the wrong tree (dum-dum). :)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks Muchly,

Dave

Hi

If you use the tube-option you can generate UV-coordinates.

Erik

Thanks very much for your help Erik I have had a little look,

I have managed to get UV's layed out but as I am growing the tree the UV's scale too, which is what you would expect, but this surely would cause the texture to swim as they are sliding in the UV space?, I could be way off here I am still learning,

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Dave