VOP SOP neighbour

Alkos

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, even though I read it for a long time now

I have posted the problem on the SideFX forum but nobody seems to answer... so I try here and hope I will have more result. I think there are some really good houdini geeks around there ;)

so I'm trying to do a VOP SOP wich could return the smaller point ID of the neighbours of the current point, but whose ID would be greater than the current point.

ex:

current point is 43

neighbours are : 52 , 58, 37, 25

return 52

why ??

I'm trying to orient my point normal , looking at the smaller neighbour. The problem is that $PT+1 is not allways a neighbour.

I guess it could be easily done in script, even though I have never scripted in houdini. But my goal is to find a full houdini solution.

So I created a VOP SOP, computed the neighbours of $PT using neighbourCount node and then I found, I guess Wink, the neighbours's ID with the neighbour node. Now I'm trying to do a ForLoop wich compare and return the value.... but I think that my main problem is a "worflow" problem... I don't know how to connect all the forLoop nodes and it's really hard to find documentation and examples of VEX nodes. It's a little bit annoying because it's really simple to write it in full script Smile

Any ideas would be really welcomed !!

many thanks !!

• 1 year later...

How to change algorithm (smalest_larger_neighbour.hipnc) that the greatest value came back?

example:

current point is 43

neighbours are : 52 , 58, 37, 25

return 58

It has appeared not difficult :))

The file was not attached...

Edited by Vitaly