rbd point object question

mic

hello!

for example i created smth scattered on the mountain grid, with `stamp` function for randomizing the geometry, copied on the scattered poins and then `ray-sopped` on my mountain.

now i want to get this in the DOP. How can i do this?

rbd point object copies the 'constant' geometry on the point..

thank you!

upd - created copy groups and rbd fractured object - ok, it works..

but maybe there is another solution using point object?

Edited by mic

• 3 months later...
I'm trying to do this right now, still haven't figured it out too

ok, you have rbd point object for the points. then you create sopnet and in it create object merge SOP, and there write some expression like

stamp("../NULL", "DATAPATH", "../..:boxes*/Geometry")

(if for example the rbd point objects are named 'boxes1,2,3..')

the final node in this network would ne null SOP, named as 'NULL', as it is said in the 'stamp' expression.

in the network you can do any operations, for example change colors randomly for the objects

and in the DOPNET you shoud use sop solver to get all this sop operations to the dop simulation.

if still any questions, i'll post the scene!

That's good to know, I'll try that method. I ended up using a $PT expression in the instance field of a point sop, so it worked out

Now i'm trying to fracture these individual objects created by the rbd point object, however it seems that its not treating the created objects as normal RBD objects. Are the dop objects created by rbd point object exactly the same as a normal rbd object?

ok, you have rbd point object for the points. then you create sopnet and in it create object merge SOP, and there write some expression like

stamp("../NULL", "DATAPATH", "../..:boxes*/Geometry")

(if for example the rbd point objects are named 'boxes1,2,3..')

the final node in this network would ne null SOP, named as 'NULL', as it is said in the 'stamp' expression.

in the network you can do any operations, for example change colors randomly for the objects

and in the DOPNET you shoud use sop solver to get all this sop operations to the dop simulation.

if still any questions, i'll post the scene!

That's good to know, I'll try that method. I ended up using a $PT expression in the instance field of a point sop, so it worked out

Now i'm trying to fracture these individual objects created by the rbd point object, however it seems that its not treating the created objects as normal RBD objects. Are the dop objects created by rbd point object exactly the same as a normal rbd object?

hmm what do you mean?) of course they are)

please post the scene =)