[SOLVED] Cutter configuration?

Dennis

Hi there,

this is my first post in this forum, so I first want to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I'm Dennis, a 24 years old student from Germany and just started working on my Bachelor thesis. I plan to use Houdini and Mantra extensively for my final project and I'm sure that I will have lots of questions for you in the following months. I am not that familiar with Houdini yet, but I want to use this project to learn as much as I can.

The first question is probably quite simple for you, but I searched for almost 2 days and couldn't find a good resource that could help me with my problem.

A lot of people suggest using Cutter to write shaders. My problem is, that I can't get it to work. When I try to compile my shader I get the message:

__________ [3] 6.41:19PM __________
COMPILATION VEX:

But nothing happens. I don't get an OTL or something else. Maybe I did something wrong while configuring cutter. Hopefully someone can help me with this.

I would also like to know if it's possible to use Cutter as the external editor for Houdini, so that I can jump out of Houdini and right inside of Cutter.

I am using Cutter and Houdini on a MAC btw.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

Edited by Dennis

Thanks for the fast reply.

Unfortunately the information on the fundza page couldn't solve my problem. :(

Maybe someone here who already runs Cutter and Houdini on a Mac to create VEX shaders?

Greetings,

Dennis

OK, I knew it was just me doing something wrong in the configuration. I pointed Cutter to my Houdini.app inside the Applications folder instead of the bin folder inside of

/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/9.5.379/Resources/bin

where the vcc compiler is located.

Thank you nevertheless.

Dennis

Edited by Dennis