delete SOP operator

Hi i have a question about name and delete SOP operator. I know that name operator creates attribute, then i can transform points using this attribute ex: @rvort==1, but how to delete points uisng attribute value ? It works when i use transform sop and others, but doesn't when use delete sop.

Please help,

Cheers

Scene file to better explain:

delete.hip

Hi i have a question about name and delete SOP operator. I know that name operator creates attribute, then i can transform points using this attribute ex: @rvort==1, but how to delete points uisng attribute value ? It works when i use transform sop and others, but doesn't when use delete sop.

Please help,

Cheers

Scene file to better explain:

delete.hip

ha-ha, and do you know that everything works in your example if you use Blast SOP?))

Guest Swann

Hey bareja,

Switch deleteSOP into expression and place point(opinputpath(".",0), $PT, "lvort", 0) into slot. This is attribute so it can't be accesed by just placing into group name.

Or maybe you found some mystique way to acces it with help of @ sign ?! Where did you get it ? I see usage of this for the first time.

pozdrawiam

Edited by SWANN

Hey bareja,

Switch deleteSOP into expression and place point(opinputpath(".",0), $PT, "lvort", 0) into slot. This is attribute so it can't be accesed by just placing into group name.

Or maybe you found some mystique way to acces it with help of @ sign ?! Where did you get it ? I see usage of this for the first time.

pozdrawiam

Thanks for explain SWANN, I've thoguht if in Pattern type "*", operator will delete all points where attribute lvort==1, thanks again. Check documentation of Name SOP operator:

This is very similar to groups: using @name=foo is similar to creating a group foo and refering to it using @foo. However, name attributes have two differences from groups:

* Names are more efficient than groups. For example, you can assign

different names to hundreds or thousands of individual faces, while creating hundreds of groups, each with a single member, would be problematic.

* Names enforce the constraint that each primitive can only have

one name value at a time (that is, a primitive can