Motion Blur Question

afx

I am copying, say boxes, to a particle network and need to compute the correct velocity motion blur for my objects. The way I was thinking of getting this was to append a point SOP to the boxes and manipulating the Velocity attribute in the point SOP.

Will the correct motion blur be calculated if I do this, I wanted to add more blur to my boxes as well, and doing so by multiplying my velocity attribute. But weird thing where happening to the effect.

I was thinking of obtaining the particles Normal information and then giving my Geometry the same normal direction to its individual vertexes. Will this be an appropriate solution, any suggestions??

Hey Angelo

There's two really simple solutions to this:

You can use the trail SOP - and set it to : calculate velocity

after your copy sop, which will calculate velocity for each point

OR u can make sure that the copy SOP also copies the attributes from the source template onto ur boxes, this is set on ur copy SOP, the last tab on the right.

with that on, this will transfer the particles velocity onto each box, but this wont be as accurate but works in many cases.

hope this helps

brian