copy stamp parameter from texture

Hello I have little problem, I know that it is trivial thing but I cant find in somewhere. I have animated texture(black_white terrain) and need to conver it to scaleY parameter of copy stamped boxis on grid. I add point colour from COP, grid has colour,but how I could connect Red channel with scaleY in copy stamp?.I need only expression in stamp all other is prepared. Thanks a lot for helping me with this easy task....BC...

kostky_04.hip

Hello I have little problem, I know that it is trivial thing but I cant find in somewhere. I have animated texture(black_white terrain) and need to conver it to scaleY parameter of copy stamped boxis on grid. I add point colour from COP, grid has colour,but how I could connect Red channel with scaleY in copy stamp?.I need only expression in stamp all other is prepared. Thanks a lot for helping me with this easy task....BC...

kostky_04.hip

Under the stamp tab of the Copy SOP, you have your variable which can be named to whatever you want, ie "red" and in the value field, enter $CR which will retrieve the red color value on the geo that you are copying to. Then in your scaleY you can do your stamp expression,

stamp("../myCopySop", "red", 0)

Make sure you have "Stamp Inputs" checked on the Stamp Tab of the Copy SOP too.