expressions for coloring particles

Thalie

Dear all!!

I'm trying to get an expression in order to color randomly the particles in light brown, dark brown, very dark brown and a little bordeaux tints!

In the shader, I was trying to guess what kind of rand($PT) expression could work, but couldn't find any correct one!

to this picture, I would like to give a feeling of sand! what would be your advice!

Tx all

Hello.

Just quick out of my heard!!!

I think its possible to pipe your particles through a VOPSOP. Inside there you can create a RGB to HSV conversion and

then make a random on the V (value).

Remember to make a HSV to RGB before piping it back to your globals.

Hope it helps

Erik

duckling

Edited by Ezz

Just to give you another solution, you could append to your particles a color node, inside your pop network, then inside it choose ramp, set your colors and add to the lookup value the expression rand($ID)....

Just to give you another solution, you could append to your particles a color node, inside your pop network, then inside it choose ramp, set your colors and add to the lookup value the expression rand($ID)....

Better to do the lookup with a vop sop after the particle network - outside of the particle network - that way if you want to change the color you don't have to resimulate the particles.