Ground fracture problem

CeeGee

I have problem with RBD simulation, i have to make ground that fracuture and falling from center and spreading in all direction.

I try to find solution but nothing work for my setup...

In hip file you can see what is my idea with color..

thanks in advace

ground.hipnc

Edited by CeeGee

In terms of your color selection, you can promote(upgrade) your color attribute on a per piece basis to detail level, and then downgrade it back to primitive level. This isn't very fast though.

have a look at the hip. This topic comes back all the time, so do a search here on the forums and you'll find quite a few fracture related threads.

If your simulation doesn't need to be extremely accurate you can copy the pieces onto particles and do your simulation with particles.

ground_02.hipnc

Thanks Pclaes, i try with you setup, but i have a big problem putting that in DOP, a try with few setup that i find on forum but something is wrong in my setup or in my head :)

Edited by CeeGee

Hey,

You were so so so close. :) You just have to check "Use Deforming Geometry" on the RBD Fractured Object because you need to tell DOPs to keep reading the geometry for changes and in your case, the "checked" attribute.

I tracked it down by looking at each DOP Object's Geometry details and the "checked" attribute didn't change so I knew immediately what's wrong. :)

Cheers!

steven

looks great ! How did you cut your geometry ?

.. seems like your network is somewhat heavy on the calculation though. Since you already using the Cd-attribute to activate the RBDs, you can also query in DOP that color of each prim in runtime using

if(prim($OBJID, 0, "Cd", 1)<1, 1, 0)

That way you can fill your dynamics group maybe faster.

I have attached an example where also the other (not active) pieces are taken into DOPS as a static object for friction at the edge

collapsing_ground_by_colortransfer.hip

cheers..

Edited by borisb2