wireframe only?

I've been using IGES to import some things into Houdini that I'd like to use as character controls and all seems to work fine, but I can't seem to find a way to force Houdini to only display the objects as wireframe, no matter what the display is set to in the viewport... in maya you can do this with Drawing Overrides...but is there an equivalent in Houdini?

Just append a primitive SOP and open them up in U. That'll get you your wireframe.

No, there is no way to do this in OpenGL directly. All objects have to have the same GL settings right now.

The only things you can set are the x-ray flag (as a handle is a must), colors and some other minor things in the object parms.

hmmm....well that works just fine :)

however I found another way that brings up a question...

if I draw a curve with 6 points in a rough circle - with the last point in the same position as the first, right-click, and choose 'closed', I get a surface...but if I choose 'open' I'm left with a curve - but it doesn't extend to the last point that I placed in the viewport...?...

so what I've done is copy the position of the first point and paste it at the end of the list of coordinates for the curve.

so I guess the question is, where is that last point that I drew in the viewport?...and why does opening the curve ignore it?

Looks like the curve tool really wants to close the curve whenever you place the final point on the start point by consolidating the two points. Fine behaviour 99.9% of the time. It is the consolidation of the start-end point that causes your last segment to dissapear when you open it.

Just noticed strange behaviour in that I can't snap the last point on top of the first using the handle and snap to points on. Bug? I'll submit it.

Primitive does the same thing as opening in the curve in the curve SOP.

Forget about Primitive and use Carve to open the curves. Just use the U option and set it to 0. Now all your curves are open again but no missing last segment due to the point consolidation issue. Polys are solved.

Carve even works for NURBs and Bezier surfaces. Just carve all U's and V's set to 0-1 then use the extract option and follow that first Carve with a second Carve that opens the curves or faces in U set to 0.