Time remap fluid sim

mikelyndon

Hey guys,

I'm trying to stretch a fluid sim using chops. I've had a look at the examples posted in another posts and at the supplied examples but I can't seem to replicate the process. I've created a bgeo sequence of the particles and brought that back in and connected it to a channel sop. I then create a chopnet and drop down a geometry channel node inside of that. The error I'm getting on the channel sop is Geometry not cooked, Invalid input Chop and the geometry channel node says no channels available.

Am I correct in my assumption that I want to pull in the position of each particle and run that through chops to stretch the animation, or is this not possible?

Mike.

Okay, so I figures it out. I just had to get my head around the flow of information. I chose the dopimport as the sop for the geometry node, added a stretch. Then used the stretch as the chop for the channel node. Can anyone tell me why I was receiving an error when I used the geometry node in the chopnet as my chop for the channel node?

Mike.

Thanks Ed. Now I have another question. The purpose of remapping the sim is to stretch it out over a longer time frame but because of the dependencies between the nodes the particles disappear after the last frame of the original sequence. So if I want to take a 25 frame sequence and stretch it to 50 frames. What do I need to change in order to see the particles after frame 25?

Mike.