RBD Constraints weirdness

davidjerome

I have simple Dumpster that I made in maya with a bin, lid, wheel metal pieces and wheels. I would like to just do a simple rig then fill the thing with "trash". No problem you say.

I have got it working with not alot of issues but when I do multipule rbd hinge constrains the thing goes wild after 5-10 frames of simulating. Where am I going wrong with this? Any help would be hugely appreciated. :D

DumpsterA2.hipnc

I have simple Dumpster that I made in maya with a bin, lid, wheel metal pieces and wheels. I would like to just do a simple rig then fill the thing with "trash". No problem you say.

I have got it working with not alot of issues but when I do multipule rbd hinge constrains the thing goes wild after 5-10 frames of simulating. Where am I going wrong with this? Any help would be hugely appreciated. :D

Hi, Iwas going to take a look at your hip,

But the file you upload has empty geo's and warning $HIP/DumpsterA2.fbx#DumpsterA_Wheel_04,convertoff ETC...

sorry can't really see nothing to help out

mangi

sry. I forgot to upload the fbx here it is. It was big so I just remade it quickly with a smaller fbx.

Hi , there

First of all you can't just export a fbx a hope that everything will be okay , I see that your DOP has a solver on each RBD. On solver is fine. Get all of your parts in like this little example I made from your original HIP. Also I really don't like that geometry potion that you hav . get it in the center , Also your scale from the FBX are huge, This rubish can is the size of a swimming pool. DOPS are scale orientated, There is a really good DOP DVD from Gmomon > you really better get you hands on this if you really would like to control DOPS.

Here you have a HIP okay

Mangi

dumpclean.hipnc

Sweet. Yeah I have just kinda dove right into to it all (Houdini that is). I have been using 3ds max for sometime and maya for the past year. I have seen some really cool stuff through Houdini. I will also take your advice on the DVD tut's...

Thanks for the quick reply :D

So I have made a "simpler" version of the whole thing. There are no FBX imports to think about or scale. Just 3 boxes and a groud plane..

If I sim from the gravity node all acts as suspect. When I sim from the HingeConstraint my "hinged" box goes absolute berzerk.

br,

David

Hi there .

well I took a look at your hip. Okay I rehooked everthing up again , First the collision are based on a bounding volume , As you can see in the snap shot , you were not even representing the correct volumes. Things like boxes can use implicit box. as you can see in the the hip I sent you okay , Things in dop work and you have all of these things into concederation.

Anyway take a look at the way I put it up.

Like I said you better look into some tutorials , You have to get all of these concepts first before you really get broken in .

I guess some banging ypur head is fine to

MANGIC

testhinge.mov

post-2848-1244486487_thumb.jpg

testHinge_tweeked_implicitbox.hipnc

testHinge_tweeked.hipnc

Edited by mangi

Hi there .

well I took a look at your hip. Okay I rehooked everthing up again , First the collision are based on a bounding volume , As you can see in the snap shot , you were not even representing the correct volumes. Things like boxes can use implicit box. as you can see in the the hip I sent you okay , Things in dop work and you have all of these things into concederation.

Anyway take a look at the way I put it up.

Like I said you better look into some tutorials , You have to get all of these concepts first before you really get broken in .

I guess some banging ypur head is fine to

MANGIC

Thanks again. I have purchased the Gnomon DVD so now it's tutorial time. :D

D