wxPython and Houdini 10 OS X

itriix

Hello all, i read the topic on wxPython in the forum which had end posts in 2008... I am also following the Python Tool Building 3D Buzz tutorial, in which they use wxPython and are using Windows. I am using OS X and i'm receiving an error, just like in the other forum.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "wxtest", line 1, in <module>

File "/BinaryCache/wxWidgets/wxWidgets-11~57/Root/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/wx-2.8-mac-unicode/wx/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>

File "/BinaryCache/wxWidgets/wxWidgets-11~57/Root/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/wx-2.8-mac-unicode/wx/_core.py", line 4, in <module>

ImportError: dlopen(/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/wx/_core_.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/wx/_core_.so: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

Anyone know of a fix?

thanks,

Jonathan

Edited by itriix

okay so from all the information i've gathered, it simply seems that, wxPython and OS X and Houdini are just not going to work together until a Cocoa version of wxPython has been released. whiiiiiiiiiiiich i'm glad to say looks like it might be being worked on atm:

http://groups.google.com/group/wxPython-de...f421c2?lnk=raot

so i guess i will sit back and wait....

however,

if i'm wrong at my understanding, please let me know of the alternative!

thanks again,

Jonathan