Setting Houdini Environment variables.

Hey there,

I have been trying to install prman for the last week or so and am complete newbie when it comes to setting up environment variables.

The path that I want to append to HOUDINI_PATH is C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixar\RenderManProServer-13.5.2\bin.

My question is, how do I set these environment variables on windows. I realize that I can set environment variables through windows>advanced>environment variables, but Houdini does not recognize them.

I also tried to set HOUDINI_PATH = C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixar\RenderManProServer-13.5.2\bin;& in the houdini.env file in my user/docs/houdini directory

When I run hconfig -a there is no path defined.

My question is, what do I do, step-by-step to set an environment variable in Houdini? Also, I realize that the HOUDINI_PATH has other variables, so I just want to add a variable. I've seen something with the "&" sign but do not understand what it does. If someone could help me with this I will be eternally greatful!

Thanks in advance,

Edited by mightcouldb1

The path that I want to append to HOUDINI_PATH is C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixar\RenderManProServer-13.5.2\bin.

My question is, how do I set these environment variables on windows. I realize that I can set environment variables through windows>advanced>environment variables, but Houdini does not recognize them.

Houdini will recognize them just fine from the Environment Variables dialog. Shouldn't you be adding the bin directory to PATH environment variable instead?