EXR image planes in nuke

I'm trying to understand the workflow for multi-pass renders. So far i noticed that most (but not all) materials come with paintExport, diffuseExport, specularExport, reflExport and opacityExport. In nuke tutorials i saw, usually what's done is the diffuse channel is used as a base and specular and refl are added to that. (most basic form).

The Houdini diffuse channel does not include any color info, so i multiplied the paintExport with the diffuse to get the color back but then still i don't get the right image when i add the specular and reflection to it.

In other words: What passes do you render and how do you combine them in Nuke (or AE or Shake or whatever other compositing program) to get the results you get in your beauty pass. And if you use a material like glass for example, what do you use instead of the paintExport, diffuseExport etc.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

I found out that the glass-shader i was using was actually an old one, the current one uses the same naming convention so this works.

Still i don't know how to combine all passes (image planes) in post to get the same result as the normal rbga. (beauty-pass)

The tutorials i found for nuke on this are all based on different output (Vray for example here: http://www.vfxvault.com/vfxvault.com/Tutorials.html )

Hopefully someone wants to share his experience.

kind regards,

Rudi