[nooob] handles w/ multi-select, isolate selection, etc.

Hi,

First, sorry for these very basic questions but (believe it or not) i looked for the answers in the forums first, but not found any (perhaps these are one of those questions with the answers _so_ obvious... :)).

I come from Maya, and although I appreciate Houdini's viewport-related features, I'm still looking for some features I couldn't easily replicate. How can I...

- do "isolate selection", where I select a single (or a few) /obj object, and Houdini would (temporarily) hide all the other objects.

- move multiple objects with the transform handle/manipulator?

- get some stats about the geometry in the viewport (no. of polys, etc.) similar to Maya HUD (should work for multiple objects, so pressing MMB on a SOP is not the same)

- snapping: how can I snap along a single axis? (in Maya: if you hold on to a single axis of the handle/manip with snapping enabled, it will move and snap along that axis only)

Snapping in general feels a bit more 'uncomfortable' compared to Maya, I usually fall back to the Orientation Picking function (which beats M's most snapping tools, hands down -- the Construction Plane rocks! :)).

imre

1. Select your objects using the selection tool, hit ctrl+i to toggle the selection. Click on the display flag of one of the selected nodes in the network view

2. Select your objects using the selection tool, hit t

1. Select your objects using the selection tool, hit ctrl+i to toggle the selection. Click on the display flag of one of the selected nodes in the network view

2. Select your objects using the selection tool, hit t

hey, thanks. catched your drift... :) even extended it a bit:

1. to properly emulate maya's 'isolate select', one can first create a new take (with 'auto take' on), select the object(s) to isolate, hide the rest, and store it in the take.

2. it's good to know that the e, r, t tools work for multiple objects (i always tried the 'default handle' by pressing Enter).