How do you make a pyro sim dissipate after a number of frames?

Virtual Pyro

Hi all,

I was wanting to know how to make a pyro explosion dissipate away after about 60 frames. Im doing it to create a small explosion. I have attached a link to a video describing what I mean. If you run the regular pyro sim (fireball), it continues to emit smoke even after the first fireball. I would like the smoke to dissipate about 1-2 seconds after the initial fireball but im not sure how to do that. Can I get some assistance please? Thank you very much.

Hairston

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf2FIupkOYE

Gas dissipate DOP Is what your after. drop it down, and connect to the second to last input on the pyro solver node. You can evaporate over time, based on a field, ect, there are a few choices... As well, you can clip those field values out in the shader..

Edited by essencevfx

Gas dissipate DOP Is what your after. drop it down, and connect to the second to last input on the pyro solver node. You can evaporate over time, based on a field, ect, there are a few choices... As well, you can clip those field values out in the shader..

Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you. I do have a question though. You said connect to the second to last input on the pyro solver...There is a merge going into that...should I use the third to last or the very last one or move the merge to the last one? I just want to make sure im doing it right. Thank you very much again!

Hairston

...There is a merge going into that...should I use the third to last or the very last one or move the merge to the last one? ...

connect it to that merge

it merges all data that need to be connected to that input since those inputs accept only one connection each

Ok, I just tried this on a regular fluid simulation with a smoke solver. When I increase the evaporation it just makes the smoke fizzle out near the top of the container. I want the object to stop emitting smoke after a few frames...just a puff is all I want. I dont think the evaporation is doing it correctly. They fireball already dissipates out after about 75 frames so I thought that was a result until I tried the smoke sim. Any suggestions?

Thanks