How do you use vm_renderengine metropolis? Does anyone have any exampl

I think it's not in H10 anymore, last time I tried adding MLT it didn't work. In 9.5 you had to edit the mantra rendering parameters, and add metropolis as an option for the Rendering Engine dropdown menu. I played around with it briefly and it seemed really early and rough, I wasn't able to get usable renders out of it personally. I think Anamous played with it, maybe he had better luck. :)

Edited by DaJuice

I think it's not in H10 anymore, last time I tried adding MLT it didn't work. In 9.5 you had to edit the mantra rendering parameters, and add metropolis as an option for the Rendering Engine dropdown menu. I played around with it briefly and it seemed really early and rough, I wasn't able to get usable renders out of it personally. I think Anamous played with it, maybe he had better luck. :)

Hey, thanks for the response...

It is still in the documentation though.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/props/mantra10_0

I just wish I understood what parameters actually affect it.

Maybe I should just stick with PBR Raytracing...

D

There is a lot of stuff in the docs that's not up to date. :]

And yes, PBR is the way to go IMO.

Awesome, thanks so much for that info. Do you have any guess as to when the metropolis implementation will be usable?

Thanks,

D

For all I know, there might not be any further development on it. I got the feeling it was sort of a developer side project. I think they will concentrate on improving PBR. SESI has already done a really good job integrating it with a traditional workflow, passes and masking etc and all the other "hacky" stuff you don't usually do in physically based rendering.