Need help on an effect/video

kuaile_yzh

Hello everyone,

Recently, I saw a effect/video in which a plant is affected by the wind. However, when I tried to create my own versions, it did not come out as well as I would have liked. I would like to ask anyone if there's any suggestions or ideas you might have that would help?

Thank you for your help.

hairSimulation_01.mov

softbody.hipnc

You don't really have anything in there that represents wind... it just springs to the target position and thats it ...

I have put a noise function on the wireblend/blend1 to make it look like wind ... also tweaked the lag CHOP to make it more responsive ...

softbody2.hipnc

Thanks

The moment I started watching this video, my first thought was to determine the dynamics. As such, I used DOP to simulate the effect I was looking for, wire is very soft and can not maintain the original length. Later, I considered using spring surface nodes, however the effect is not very good. The video I posted was my own attempt at resolving this problem and I had hoped that by posting up my issue, that I would be able to gather more and better solutions to this problem than what I had come up with. In fact, I hope that I'd be able to get results that were closer to real-world results, if at all possible.