caching the Collision Volumes..SDFs in DOPs??

bhaveshpandey

I'm trying a DOPs sim but the geometry is pretty detailed. I'm using a pre-fractured geo with a RBD Glue..

this means every piece will have its own Collision Volume Representation, which is taking time to be calculated.

I saw there is an option to save out this Volume Representation to disk....I did give it a try..the following issues are bugging me though:

what should be the file extension? .sim or what??

when I'm writing the file to disk, volume rep of only one piece is being saved..do i need to specify the number of pieces in the name somehow to get it to save it for every piece?? if yes..then how? :blink:

I searched the Help Docs but they dont really have much info about this..just the normal stuff about Automatic,read,write modes etc..

any help will be appreciated :)

Edited by bhaveshpandey

thanks Rick..I'll just give it a try and get back..

one question though....did it save all the volume rep for all the pieces?

Using .simdata is a nice option since the File SOP can read it, if that comes in handy.

You should include some way in the file name for each object created by the RBD Fractured Object to have a different file, so something like:

$HIP/sim/piece_$OBJ.simdata

or whatever