My particle fluid sim is blowing up for some reason?

mightcouldb1

Hello everyone,

I was trying to make a SPH sim using a container and something to push the fluid down and out of the container and make a splash but it keeps blowing up(see video). I tried increasing the max substeps min substeps, changing some properties of my objects and still no luck. If someone could take a look at this and let me know what is going on I would be super greatful. Also, while I'm posting here, is there a better way of doing this? I ultimately want to make a splash from some kind of animal jumping out of and into the ocean. I was going to do a sim similar to the one I have and render the fluid without the geo and composite it. I tried using RBDs but no matter how High I made the density, I didnt get much of a splash. I also noticed that unless you have something for the fluid to ramp over(my bowl for example). I also didnt get much of a splash using animated geo either unless it was almost the size of container. Hopefully someone can help me figure this out.

Thanks in advance!

splashTest_explode.hip

explode.mov

It happens when the particles hit the bottom of the sink bounding box... it works if you take it out ... I have no idea why!

This does seem like the best way to do it ... depends how many splashes you need and how long you have, if you have to do hundreds of them then something like this would be very expensive :P

I think you have the sink connected to the wrong input, it works for me if you connect it to the "sequel solvers" input.

If you need more control you could try doing something in pops. This thread has some good ideas:

Edited by mrice