Procedural CopyStamp character clothing

frankvw

Hi!

Casual houdini user here, looking at a way to avoid long setups/slow interaction I have with massive or Trax when doing some simple background filler characters. Sooo, I am toying with the idea of using houdini for a small number of background people in a spot. I have my rigs and cycles and all works OK for tests and I'm liking where its going but manually swapping chars in and out at the moment and although the shots will be short and simple fillers, there could be a lot of em. So, I need to work out a way to cloth my rigged character cycles and swap in and out random, simple cloth definitions - doesnt even really need to be sim cloth, simple poly model cloth probably fine. Ive done similar with trees and buildings and such like before with copy stamping, but anyone tried similar with clothing before on characters? Is it practical? (before I go too far down a path that might not be so quick and easy as I think?). Did you ray the clothing on? Did it deform ok with the character and its rig? Any pitfalls to watch??

Thanks any answers, experiences, etc,

F