Could anyone post an example of a VEX displacement network that uses a

rd1010

I'm having some weird problems that I can't figure out using the regular mantra displacement layer (where it won't let me show a displacement on just one of the UV areas of the object, it seems to always show it on the others too even though its specified to only show on the one layer)... I figure the best thing to do is just do my own VEX displacement network so I can control every aspect of it... but I can't seem to figure out exactly how to pass a texture map (displacement / heigh map) through to the output... if anyone has a link or could post a quick example of this I would be very appreciative.

hi rick..I guess you want to use a texture map to define where the geometry should be displaced??

its pretty straight forward to set up yourself in VOPs..

I have attached a very simple and quick setup for the same...

What I have done is:

Import a texture map/displacement map using the texture VOP and then import the UV attribute in VOPs using the parameter VOP..

NOTE: you can import any attrib on the geo by simply creating a param by EXACTLY THE SAME NAME AS THAT OF THE PARAM..

eg: Cd, uv, etc..

After this i rip out the color info using a vector to float and use only the reds for disp..

Hope this helps :)

Bhavesh.

vopsdisp.hip