ibl Render Problem

abster1978

Simply turn off the check box to load in a sequence in the File Browser and that will return the non-sequence version of the name with no $F.

----

The file Browser defaults to loading in a sequence of files which results in a file name with $F in some form which returns the current integer frame. If there is any number in the file on disk you wish to load with the sequence toggle on, a $F of some form is built for you in the file name which is generally a good thing. This is what you had in your file to reference the environment map:

DOSCH_SKIESV2_${F2}SN_lowres.rat

where {$F2} stands for padded 2 digtes of the current frame. Only DOSCH_SKIESV2_01SN_lowres.rat exists though so on frame 2, nada. You get the pink = missing frame colour.

Btw the curly braces are used to properly qualify the F2 as the only contents of the variable. Without the curly braces the parameter interpreter may think that the variable is $F2SN_lowres.

Hi,

I was trying to play with image based lighting in Mantra and everything worked fine till i tried to render out a sequence ! First frame rendered as expected but next frame onwards everything went crazy :blink:

I am attaching a scene file would appreciate if someone can have a look :)

Thanx,

Abhi.

You need to deselect "Show sequences as one entry" option on Houdini's file browser when you're about to import single map (not sequence). In case digits are present in a file name, Houdini will try to use variables like: DOSCH_SKIESV2_${F2}SN_lowres.rat, which is not what you want in this case. Ping colour indicates Mantra cannot find a texuture, what in fact happened to you, since DOSCH_SKIESV2_01SN_lowres.rat is a single frame.

hth.

skk.

PS It's a long present bug, I wonder when SESI will fix it...

PS2 ups, Jeff was faster...

Edited by SYmek

You need to deselect "Show sequences as one entry" option on Houdini's file browser when you're about to import single map (not sequence). In case digits are present in a file name, Houdini will try to use variables like: DOSCH_SKIESV2_${F2}SN_lowres.rat, which is not what you want in this case. Ping colour indicates Mantra cannot find a texuture, what in fact happened to you, since DOSCH_SKIESV2_01SN_lowres.rat is a single frame.

hth.

skk.

PS It's a long present bug, I wonder when SESI will fix it...

PS2 ups, Jeff was faster...

Thanks a lot guys all sorted :) Kudos to all you guys on odforce.net the BEST COMMUNITY EVER :D