duplicate rail on last points when creeping

itriix

Hey everyone,

i was going through some videos and wanted to make a tank tread *watched the procedural modeling cmivfx vid and was checking out the creep tutorials*

so anyways, there was a suggestion to use "rails" between two curves for tank treads, so that, when the curves were "rayed" onto the ground surface, you could get some tilting on the treads. i'm having a problem where i'm getting duplicate tank treads on the (end points of the curve), when the creep sop's X trans is set to 0 this is the most visible. to animate the tread rotation, i would animate the X trans... so every time it reaches an integer, the duplicated tread appears, and as the value changes, the duplicate tread folds down on top of the other! anyone know how to fix it?

thanks,

Jonathan

AND PS. here is the hip also thanks

EDIT: okay so i fixed the problem by just deleting that particular duplicate primitive... with a delete sop... i'm curious though what is causing this problem and if it's being caused by something i'm doing wrong in the network instead of needing to use that delete

rails_prob3.hip

creep_rail_problems.tiff

Edited by itriix