dopimport not working

itriix

hi everyone, was just going through the digital tutors rbd dynamics dvd and was wondering if something changed from h9 to h10 in the way the dopimport and dopnet is set up.

simply made a sphere and a grid.

created a dopnet

created 2 rbd_objects. set them to the sphere and the grid. unchecked the active obj on the grid rbd. connected those two into a merge. then into an rbd solver. then into a gravity.

all works fine!

when i manually make dopimport nodes in my geometry, the simulation doesn't work correctly. i'm using the dopnet name and the path in the DOP NET field of the dopimport... and then in the object mask i'm using: `dopnodeobjs("/obj/dopnet1/rbd_grid")` and single object checked and transform input geometry groups in the import style type tab.

it's just when i want to make the dopnet invisible, and make the sphere and grid visible only, and use the dopimport nodes inside of their sop nets where it should pull the data into. but it won't work. when set up, the sphere just flies right through the grid instead.

Therefore, i decided to just do the same set up AUTOMATICALLY and look at what differs. The only thing i see is that in the AUTODOPNET, it has the SOP PATH in the RBD OBJECT set to : `opinputpath("/obj/sphere_object1/dopimport1", 0)`

Edited by itriix

Try this:

Take your sphere in your sop, and grab a dop import sop, and branch it off from the node before the other dop import, and then just point it to your dop file, I'm assuming AutoDopNetwork or whatever, and then just use the Transform Input Geometry Groups method. If it's one object you might also have to turn on Use Single Object.

Edit: Something like this, I put a dop network inside the sop just to see, but you can grab the same sop in /obj level the same way. (Correct thread :-P )

post-896-125312693902_thumb.jpg

hmmm, thanks for the help, but i guess i'm still missing something. this is the simple hip file that i've constructed.

sphere, grid, dopnet1

inside dopnet1:

rbd_sphere, rbd_grid --> merge --> rbdsolver --> gravity...

inside sphere:

sphere --> dopimport

inside grid:

grid --> dopimport

the only thing i notice that is different when i create everything automatically *create sphere and grid* and then use the shelf to make them rbd objects with an autodopnetwork... there is an expression that points to the correct sop in the rbd_object nodes. whereas, mine simply just points to the sop object. however, like i said earlier, in the digital tutors video, it's fine to do it by just pointing to the sop with the picker. even if you hook up the dopimports later on.

dop_import_error1.hip

Edited by itriix