lm2dmv for Mantra

Nerox

Actually I'm looking for a paper or a description of how a lm2dmv motionvector pass should look like or what the rules are to create it.

I'm working on a set of passes/shaders in Houdini Mantra, to mimic how our Maya/Mentalray guy's use to pass stuff through to our compositing department.

I managed to get a 3d motionvector pass out of Mantra (See this threat about motion vectors, and this). But Nuke doesn't seem to like it, and we're not even thinking about trying it in Flame. One of my colleages mentioned something about the lm2dmv shader in Mentalray which they use to use.

I thought I should be able to recreate such shader in vop's. In order to accomplish this I need to know what the principal or idea behind it is. Google gives only threats about: you should use this shader, in Maya it located under need this rock, press that button, etc. If I'm lucky one of our master minds @ odforce may know the principal behind it.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Nerox