pc open/import/iterate help

3dbeing

I'm trying to understand how the pciterate works and I'm definitely missing some of the finer details. Wondering if anybody can shed some light...

right now I am simply trying to add up an attribute, just as an exercise. In this case point number over 4 points. Final answer would be 6.

a) Why does my vop error saying pcimport is called outside of loop? It is definitely inside the while loop node...

B) While my final result is correct, how does point #1 have a value of 2, and #2 a value of 4? I would expect values of 0 1 3 and 6.

thanks for any help,

-=3db

hmmmm it seems while writing this, some magic happened and the vop no longer throws the warning.... peculiar... but still curious about values of 0 2 4 and 6...

pcopen.hipnc

Thanks Sanostol,

But this method merely creates a new attribute, I am trying to add up all the point attributes. I thought each point would be the sum of all the points before it.

Fabiano,

I looked on there, but i couldn't find anything about it, well i found a page but no links to files. Do you have a link? Thanks.

-=3db

mh, I don;t get what You are trying to do, If You want to sum up all attributes, You have to increase the radius and the pointcount of the pcopen. keep in mind that every point is just processed for its own, there is no sequential processing of the points

Martin

mh, I don;t get what You are trying to do, If You want to sum up all attributes, You have to increase the radius and the pointcount of the pcopen. keep in mind that every point is just processed for its own, there is no sequential processing of the points

Martin

hmmm, i guess i misunderstood pciterate then. ok thanks...

• 4 weeks later...

Fabiano,

I looked on there, but i couldn't find anything about it, well i found a page but no links to files. Do you have a link? Thanks.

Yes. I do.

The web page:

http://www.sidefx.com/exchange/info.php?fileid=208&versionid=208

The files:

http://www.sidefx.com/exchange/download.php?fileid=208&versionid=208&type=OTL

It's compressed as a "tar.gz" file extension. Hope you can open it.