Chamfering curve points in Houdini?

magneto

Hi,

Try this attached tool. It contains the xRoundedCorners asset, which will do the above on open or closed segments.

I had to copy this out of a larger asset library, so let me know if it loads ok.

ha! bezier :), nice, thanks for sharing!

Hi,

Try this attached tool. It contains the xRoundedCorners asset, which will do the above on open or closed segments.

I had to copy this out of a larger asset library, so let me know if it loads ok.

Thanks man, trying it now.

EDIT: Just tried, it works awesome. I looked at the contents, it seems pretty complex. Btw what does your fusecurve does? Also prefixing your OPs with x is interesting :)

you could:

make for each (number)

group your point

make bevel on that point

use vopsop to smooth points (pc open/pc filter P)

Thanks tmdag, I haven't used foreach SOP, also not sure what pc open, pc filter is. Can you please show me a simple example if you want. If not, np :)

Edited by magneto

EDIT: Just tried, it works awesome. I looked at the contents, it seems pretty complex. Btw what does your fusecurve does? Also prefixing your OPs with x is interesting :)

These are part of my bag of assets which I call xTools. I tried to register xtools.com but the domain was taken :( and then put them on the net for people to use.

xFusecurve will let you open or close a polygon as long as the vertex order is in the same winding order as the profile of the polygon. If it's not, sometimes you can put a sort sop in front of this node, and order by vertex to fix it. I mean, open/close as in the option you have to open/close a Circle SOP.

These are part of my bag of assets which I call xTools. I tried to register xtools.com but the domain was taken :( and then put them on the net for people to use.

xFusecurve will let you open or close a polygon as long as the vertex order is in the same winding order as the profile of the polygon. If it's not, sometimes you can put a sort sop in front of this node, and order by vertex to fix it. I mean, open/close as in the option you have to open/close a Circle SOP.

What about xoperators.com? :D Would be very cool if you shared it.

Edited by magneto

Not bad, but it's a little long. I like short domain names.

otls.info is on sale at GoDaddy for $2.00

I'd like something 6 letters or less.

lol what about op.info then?

I also got something like this:

It keeps the point order consistent, not sure if hipbin's otl does that.

Wow this looks like another useful OP. Glad other people thought of this and did it.

• 6 years later...

updating this for new people searching for this topic.

Poly bevel will work on the curves and we need to set the group type to point explicitly rather than keeping it in guess from group even we dont want to specify any groups.

Thanks

poly bevel tutorial from sidefx

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/point-beveling/

Edited by Mohanpugaz
added link to the tutorial