some particles tests

slayerk

I believe that image was rendered with krakatoa. Krakatoa can render voxels or points and it has the ability to blend voxels based on a filter radius. You're bound to get grain when rendering points. Even eetu, who rendered 400 million particles with mantra, still had grain.

not as fancy as the soft-liquid particle sims here but still a particle sim none-the-less

i originally was trying to create a rather complicated algorithm in vops but just dumped that and did a simple plug-and-play vop with worley noise instead

post-5479-127664652506_thumb.jpg

all these examples are very intresting, but main problem of all such particle simulations is ugly grain on semi-transparent areas.

miguel salek's test (in attachment) very clear. is any ideas how to make these?

Interesting topic.

What about rendering metaballs parsing color and opacity. I tried directly on houdini and obiously it became pretty slow, so the idea is doing a custom dso to create the mesh on render time, like realflow sort of.

Im gonna try doing a python dso just to see how slow the convertion is (should be slow). At least the geo delays from renderman seem to work quite good.

I was trying to figure out this issue long time ago, new ideas are welcome :)

Interesting topic.

What about rendering metaballs parsing color and opacity. I tried directly on houdini and obiously it became pretty slow, so the idea is doing a custom dso to create the mesh on render time, like realflow sort of.

Im gonna try doing a python dso just to see how slow the convertion is (should be slow). At least the geo delays from renderman seem to work quite good.

I was trying to figure out this issue long time ago, new ideas are welcome :)

also maybe a few layers (4 or 5) of 2d (or close to 2d - like 1000x1000x4) hi-res fluids rendered separately (or together) and composited together. any kind of fluids shaders, like pictures above. Hawshaw to see some tests to confirm the hypothesis.

• 4 years later...