Burn Bunny Burn!

Macha

Where I come from we eat bunnies. In fact my uncle kept a few in his garden and they are delicious with a white wine mustard sauce!

I kept a technical look for it in order to keep the project one-person-manageable. I used a SOP solver to simulate the fire spread. The flames where then animated with a velocity-field advected POP. The mesh also deformes (crumbles) after burning but you can't see the effect well unless closeup.

Then I split the scene into several passes and composited it back together.

Compositing is buggy. Many crashes and some artifacts as you can see in the closeup file below. Unfortunately I can't isolate the problems and post them as bugs. Frustrating.

I wanted to use cloth to simulate the bunnyskin flaking off but I found it too slow.

Vimeo Video (with sound!):

post-4013-127771357133_thumb.jpg

post-4013-127771452692.jpg

post-4013-127771472654_thumb.jpg

post-4013-127771479024_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macha

looking good. lately i've been trying to get some nice fire stuff going on too but not having the best of luck. i really can't find much "simple/easy to follow" info out there on a good workflow/procedure for getting NICE looking fire. I'm very glad to see you're experiments. Seriously, whenever I try to use DOPs to get nice fire, i tend to fail miserably! Only thing i've been succesful with is making a sphere, and clicking the pyro tool! any customization, seems to kill everything. As for pop-fire, i've gotten a couple things going okay but would just love to figure out the correct dops approach.

Anyways, always love seeing your experiments. Seems like we are testing the same types of things =)

Jonathan

BTW: I eat bunnies too. Such a nice meat. Every now and then me and a few friends hunt our own. From catching to cooking a matter of an hour or so :D

Poor tasty bunny sounds lovely. I've never hunted myself but I love the sound of a place so vast that you can actually fire a shot without hitting somebodies bum or bonnet. Must be a beautiful place.

i really can't find much "simple/easy to follow" info out there on a good workflow/procedure for getting NICE looking fire.

In this case I was lucky and any firey quality appeared right at the end after the last few compositing nodes. Before that it was just plain particles.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Where I come from we eat bunnies. In fact my uncle kept a few in his garden and they are delicious with a white wine mustard sauce!

I kept a technical look for it in order to keep the project one-person-manageable. I used a SOP solver to simulate the fire spread. The flames where then animated with a velocity-field advected POP. The mesh also deformes (crumbles) after burning but you can't see the effect well unless closeup.

Then I split the scene into several passes and composited it back together.

Compositing is buggy. Many crashes and some artifacts as you can see in the closeup file below. Unfortunately I can't isolate the problems and post them as bugs. Frustrating.

I wanted to use cloth to simulate the bunnyskin flaking off but I found it too slow.

Vimeo Video (with sound!):

Hi

Im working on similar kind of thing

Can u give me an Idea of how you did this.

Thank you