Compiling Bullet Solver for Houdini 11

He Guys.

Anybody having any luck compiling the Bullet Solver for Houdini 11.

I have practically no experience with it so it could be a simple mistake, but i get the following error with

Visual Studio 2010 Express, Bullet 2.76 and Houdini 11.0.446.9 on Win7-64:

1>c:\program files\side effects software\houdini 11.0.446.9\toolkit\include\ut\ut_dsoversion.h(48): error C2144: syntax error : 'void' should be preceded by ';'

1>c:\program files\side effects software\houdini 11.0.446.9\toolkit\include\ut\ut_dsoversion.h(48): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

1>c:\program files\side effects software\houdini 11.0.446.9\toolkit\include\ut\ut_dsoversion.h(49): error C2144: syntax error : 'void' should be preceded by ';'

1>c:\program files\side effects software\houdini 11.0.446.9\toolkit\include\ut\ut_dsoversion.h(49): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

1>c:\program files\side effects software\houdini 11.0.446.9\toolkit\include\ut\ut_dsoversion.h(49): error C2086: 'int DLLEXPORT' : redefinition

1> c:\program files\side effects software\houdini 11.0.446.9\toolkit\include\ut\ut_dsoversion.h(48) : see declaration of 'DLLEXPORT'

1>c:\program files\side effects software\houdini 11.0.446.9\toolkit\include\ut\ut_dsoversion.h(58): error C2144: syntax error : 'void' should be preceded by ';'

1>c:\program files\side effects software\houdini 11.0.446.9\toolkit\include\ut\ut_dsoversion.h(58): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

1>c:\program files\side effects software\houdini 11.0.446.9\toolkit\include\ut\ut_dsoversion.h(58): error C2086: 'int DLLEXPORT' : redefinition

1> c:\program files\side effects software\houdini 11.0.446.9\toolkit\include\ut\ut_dsoversion.h(48) : see declaration of 'DLLEXPORT'

1>c:\program files\side effects software\houdini 11.0.446.9\toolkit\include\ut\ut_api.h(37): fatal error C1189: #error : "You must define SESI_LITTLE_ENDIAN for IX86 compilation"

Maybe its not in the red part, please help, thanks.

Edited by coppertoe

You have several errors there that relate to the build process. I haven't looked but has anyone ported it over to Windows yet?

Regardless, let me try giving you one piece of advice

YOU MUST USE VISUAL STUDIO 2005 WITH HDK 11

Ah, I feel better now. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Im trying to compile DOPBullet for Houdini 11.0.469 64 bits with Windows XP 64 bits and Visual Studio 2005/2008. Bullet version is 2.76.

After compile it with Visual Studio 2008 (and many problems...), Houdini tell me that this is wrong version of compiler, all right.

Compiling it with Visual Studio 2005, now Houdini tell me that "was intended to use with a different version of Houdini". I don´t understand, because HDK library is 11.0.

Anyone has compiled it for this version of Houdini in Windows?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

note that precompiled binaries of bullet solver is useless in aspect of any configure. for example, you can change simulation substeps only from source code, you can not this with binaries.

Edited by almatea