maya equvalent to attribute transfer sop

yongbin

Hmmm, I don't think there is an equivalent since Maya doesn't use the concept of points and vertices, they just have vertices which don't have attributes (like color).That doesn't mean there isn't a way, there just isn't a simple way. You might have better luck asking Autodesk directly if you have current support or at least a Maya specific forum.

Edited by lukeiamyourfather

Hmmm, I don't think there is an equivalent since Maya doesn't use the concept of points and vertices, they just have vertices which don't have attributes (like color).That doesn't mean there isn't a way, there just isn't a simple way. You might have better luck asking Autodesk directly if you have current support or at least a Maya specific forum.

http://www.soup-dev.com/examples.html << Great set of plugins for maya, one of which is attribute transfer

you could always try the transfer attributes tool under the polygon/mesh menu as this will transfer per vertex colors , uv's and point positions between geometries (or same geo.) it is a little slow but I have managed to get houdini like interactions out of it...i.e simple collision detections etc....