PyroFX fuel consumtion and explosions

-HEAVY-

with a bit of timeout from learning destruction i try to dig deeper into Pyro, Smoke and Explosions.
And i have a Senior Maya Fluid and Maya FumeFX Background so solver and setups are no mystery for me.

And so there are a few questions that maybe somebody has to explain to me and light my mind.

in Maya and Fume fuel that is pumped in the sim - is ignited and then it is completely burned - in houdini,

everything i have seen , tried and test it, shows me that the fuel field is added to the sim and added and

even if ist burned the field is added. only deactivating the source volume stops fuel from beeing added.

but then in the next Frame the whole fuel field is gone and even the former added fuel has disappeared also...

is there some microsolver node i have to put in the sim or do i miss something else ?

I haven't looked into it 100%, but the default option on the source volume node in dops is set to add fuel, but you can set that to maximum or copy if you don't want to necessarily add it to fuel that's already there. Fume has set and add for options -- In fume, the set option is similar to Houdini's Copy. I think Fume only overwrites voxels directly in the source if you have it on 'set' mode, whereas Houdini will completely overwrite the fuel field including values of 0 if you tell it copy the fuel field from the source to the sim. Of course those voxels may contain more than just the source fuel, since like the other software it can also contain fuel from the previous frames.  So I suggest trying 'maximum' to only overwrite fuel when there is more fuel in the source vs the sim. 

The solver has options for how much fuel is burned each frame - burn rate and fuel inneficiency. If you had the source set to copy, the entire fuel field is overriden, have it set to add and it will just add to the fuel that's already there. Another thing to note is that on the fuel tab you can also have it advect the fuel with the velocity field, which is off by default.