Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

blendingshadow

Fire Flipbook Loop

Hey,

I was wondering if there is a better way to approach creating a looping flipbook fire?

Peter Quint has a great tutorial on using time shift to create a loop but it looks like it's cross fading.

Could something be done at the comp level, ie: rendering out 'x' number of frames, finding similar frames? 

Or is there something you can do with the volume data to make it look the same at a user defined frame. 

Thanks

Don't you need to some drive the fields back towards a target "state" at a particular frame? Offhand, I don't know how one would do that but I can't imagine getting (remotely?) good results otherwise without cross fading.

I haven't thought about target states before. Will have to do some testing and digging. 

My other option was to render around 100 frames find two 'bookends' that look similar and then use a timewarp in the comp context. 

Hoping there would be little twitching. 

in H14 you also have vdb morph operation, so a possibility might be converting fields to sdf performing the morph and then convert back to fog volume