Solver SOP: animated geometry

Hi, 

I need to make some changes on the color of the colliding geometries. Both of them are animated.

When I plug in my animated geometry to Solver, it always gets only the first frame. How should I set this to work in Solver SOP?

Edited by Juzwa

I can't, its a production file. 

I have two animated meshes imported from maya. At some point they both collide. I want one the them to take some infrmation from another (eg color) and then fade away.

Edited by Juzwa

Are you sure you need a Solver? The point of the solver is that you can work on the result of the previous frame. That being said, you should be able to access the current frame of the sequence via the "First Input" connector inside the solver.

Well if I just use first and second inputs the resault is the same as the level above (just a simple color transfer).

And what I need is to keep the color on the geometry.

Here are the files I made at home to explain what I need

SolverSOP.zip

Edited by Juzwa

The solver by default takes only the first frame you feed it and then updates that geo with whatever nodes you have put in the solver.  You have to actually update the position value on each frame.

solverpoint.hip

The easiest way is with a point sop after the attributetransfer in your solver.

plug the attributetransfer into the first input of the point sop and plug the Input_1 into the second input.  Change the position values in the point sop to $TX2, $TY2, $TZ2.

That will update the position.  To see the result add some animation to your grid upstream.

However the solver won't work like this on meshes with changing point counts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1