Pyro Collision Problems

Stuart

Hey everyone,

I am having a problem with collision between imported geometry and a pyro solver, whenever I use collide with object from the populate container tab Houdini uses 99% of my memory (32GB) and crashes. Whenever I do this with a primitive created in Houdini it works, the crash only happens when I try to do it with imported geometry. 

I am exporting the 55 polygon geometry from Maya as a .obj and then importing to Houdini. 

This is probably some small thing that I am overlooking but any help with the problem would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for helping :)

I checked the primitive normals and they match what I have in Maya.

I also passed it through the PolyDoctor SOP but it doesn't make a difference, the geometry is pretty simple anyway so I could easily double check for odd geometry before I exported.

if you are trying to make VDB for collisions and if the scale is 100 times bigger ( default maya scale is 100 times bigger) , you may be trying to make massive VDBs with very low voxel size, object merge it to a empty geometry node, it will come scaled and move from there. this will solve the problem if its about the VDBs running your memory out.

so at the /obj level hit tab and create a geometry node

dive inside and delete the default box object and make an object merge node

change transform to into this object

and select your object from object1s selection box

Edited by tricecold
  • Like 1