Crash on 4-view / Command B?

cwalrus

Hey there - 

I've read that this may have been an issue in the past. It crashes pretty consistently if I dare to go to four view with Command B. Is this still a problem since Version 9??!

However, I'm on a Mac - so I don't know how to change the env. variables...

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Windows and Linux is superior in almost all aspects with regards to H14. You can access things like OpenCL CPU and have much better simulation performance. The only part that is less is that the default memory manager can play up on Win with flip sims but there is a solution to that too.

If you are stuck on Mac then Nvidia is much better, but even on Windows, Nvidia is much better too.

Windows and Linux is superior in almost all aspects with regards to H14. You can access things like OpenCL CPU and have much better simulation performance. The only part that is less is that the default memory manager can play up on Win with flip sims but there is a solution to that too.

If you are stuck on Mac then Nvidia is much better, but even on Windows, Nvidia is much better too.

What's your solution to windows memory management with Flips as I've had some issues in the past with this, if you don't mind me asking :D

What's your solution to windows memory management with Flips as I've had some issues in the past with this, if you don't mind me asking :D

The theory is to replace the newer malloc with the previous one. People have posted that it works. I haven't tested myself but it's one the future tests to do.

AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096MBs

troubleshooting it with my tech guy now... think i may be better off on a PC....?

There's a bug in the M295X driver that AMD has fixed for the next OSX update (10.11.2). It's very pervasive and makes it nearly impossible to do anything in the viewport in Houdini, so you'll have to wait until that update drops, unfortunately. I don't have an ETA on that.