Destruction RnD

vfxhound

Hey, looks cool . I think it would be better with a few things

- Its clearly like exploding, but you have it just getting hit by a ball. That kind of makes it weird, somehow should change whats destroying it so it feels more consistent

- You seem to know about the hanging pieces and some jitter

- It lacks structure inside and different materials getting shattered, I see that you have some wood there and thats dope but it seems more like "here are 5 wooden planks" vs "here is everything accurately modeled and we destroy the stone and bricks and the wooden structure underneath and everything shatters in different ways" etc.

- Dust puff at the end might be too high, if its like a 15 ft structure the smoke is like 7ft just from the pieces hitting the ground, I dunno if thats realistic tbh maybe find refs but it looks odd. Maybe smoke is just too dense

I think it looks good. I like the amount of detail you have put into it. The wooden debris inside is nice. The dust is good and the particles that hit the ground come to rest fairly believable. Are you using numhit for that?

• 1 month later...