Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

catchyid

ROP Output Driver Vs. File Cache ?

Hi,

What's the difference between these two nodes? Both can export a sequence of mesh transformations and store in a file sequence (e.g. .$F.bgeo), they have even have some common parameters. Usually, I would have a dynamic simulation that I want to save its result.

Thanks,

in ROPs you can chain a number of outputs together to create a dependency network - the file cache would require a different approach

and the Output drive can't import geometry - so different operators for different uses

1 person likes this

but You can combine them, by fetching the ficecache nodes with a fetch into rop. If You work in sop, You can write out, if You want to wire dependencies You can switch to ROP network

1 person likes this

Thanks :) I am not sure what you guys mean when you talk about "dependencies"...I will check the documentation when needed :) Thanks more...

dependency means that one caching node needs to be evaluated before the next one starts. You often have situations, where sometimes parallel processing is possible, and sometimes it needs to be sequential

1 person likes this