Cloth collision by group

JDee

I'm trying to get things working out with No Collider with no luck.
The purpose is to get any group of primitives of same cloth object not colliding with anything in the scene (except itself collision)
Is there any free simple hip to learn about ?

Thank you

Edited by JDee

Yes and No. You are trying to mix sims within a single object. Basically you are asking of some faces to be cloth and others rigid body or static. You could do that with a group followed by a delete. Delete the faces you don't want to be cloth thus submitting the ones you want for cloth processing. Then the inverse for the other faces and submit them for rigid body processing. In the alternate RBD AutoDOPNetwork you would not add any collision objects then the non-cloth faces would simply fall by gravity. But once you have split them into two effective objects they would not have a primitive connection.

I can't really imagine a scenario where you would want this kind of operation.

Another option might be to make the other face/primitive set a separate cloth object and stitch the two primitive sets together. Then you could have different physical properties on each set. Make one move like silk, the other like leather..?

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

2Atom

I'm simulating some types of tropical plants, with big leaves, where the leaves are cloth , I already found right settings I want , I like the behavior them under wind force etc.

The only thing , the leaves have attach constraint closest points to stems, and there is weird things happens with these points, as they have a collisions with the same object the are constrained.
The best option just to exclude them somehow from colliding, I don't need them to collide at all.
I will try your second solution, looks like working option. But seems like my setup getting complicated a lot, as I wanna be flexible on this stage for experiments.
Thanks.

Edited by JDee