Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Atom

Attributes From Weather Data?

Hi All,

I am working on a planet scene and I wondered if anyone had code that might emulate weather data for cloud generation? Or even a way to fetch some of that vector data from pyro into a material based cloud layer?

The final render would simply be a sphere with a material in Redshift. It could also be a volume if that works as well.

I am not sure where to locate raw weather data or how to link it into Houdini.

Hi Atom, 

not sure about getting attribute data via code, but googleing "weather data" its sometimes comes up as RGB image, you could place it on a sphere and let the RGB value control the density drop a trail sop and use that as a source. this of course if its coming up as an image. if its raw data, I know that Rohan Davi did a tut on how to get spread sheet data to infuence values in Houdini. that is if your getting the data via spread sheets. 

Edited by angelous4x